Hockey Night in Honduras!
Every Sunday the teachers get together to play some sort of sport. We don't always have high numbers, but we do enjoy good times! This past Sunday we decided to play floor hockey...one of the greatest past times in my history! When the time came to be down at the gym there were only four of us willing and able to give it a go. So after being hit a few times by wayward pucks...shameful really...we decided to play 2 on 2.
Jeff and Heidi took on Kyle and I for an intense game that will stay in our memories for a long time (probably only because I'm writing about it). Honestly we had some fantastic shots that were too incredible for words! :) Kyle and I were down 4 to 8 - and it looked like all hope was lost. In actuality we were just toying with Heidi and Jeff and gave them just a little taste of victory...when they least expected it, we took control and with a few well deserved goals (including a sweet backhand by me!) brought our score up to 7 (still down to their 9, but we were fully prepared to take victory). With Kyle 'the wall' Webb providing awesome defence, I was able to take on and deke out the other team! Without resorting to violence Kyle scored two goals which tied us up. After an intense battle I made the winning point through the legs of Heidi on goal!! Victory is so sweet! The other team was awesome and we should do this more often!
But...in all seriousness, I'd like to dedicate this win to my brother Mark who made it his goal to teach me all he knew about street hockey - this one's for you bro! ;) Kyle wants to dedicate the victory to all my loyal fans. It just wouldn't be worth all the hard work and decication that was put into accomplishing this victory with out all the love and support you have given. This one's for you!!! Oh and Heidi, nice try, I guess you can use your wrist as an excuse but we know who is the more awesomest PE teacher. [mm...that was all Kyle Heidi!]
Photo of the Day: Kyle and I with our victory look (apparently I need to work on the intimidation look!)

In Him,
-Amy-


4 Comments:
I have nothing to say at this time.......................................................................I'll let you ponder what you have just done and think of how you can apoligize.
Heidi, I DO apologize……….. for being so much more ridiculously awesome then you at hockey and on top of that, you are Canadian and I’m from Hawaii. hmm, maybe you need to apologize to Canada. But I guess Amy was equally as awesome as I was so Canada can once again be proud of her own.
Hey I don't hold you being from Hawaii against you....I just would have felt bad beating you as you just don't have the ridiculously awsome skills I naturally have. Don't worry with some practice we can have a rematch...and I promise I won't go easy on you!
ditto to megs comment!!
too much fun and the pictures make it super great!
Post a Comment
<< Home