Birthdays and Sickness
We've had a few birthday parties taking place. Samuel Trout turned two on Saturday so we showed up and had homemade icecream. Lilian was a bit excited about the icecream and she ended up getting it in my hair, on my face, on my shirt...it still tasted good! ;) Sunday we had a birthday bash for Robyn! Brian made a debut appearance with his solo performance of "Happy Birthday". If I'm lucky, maybe he'll consider another performance for my birthday...it was so touching!
Unfortunately, this weekend also had some hard times. For the past couple of days Heidi has been feeling unwell. On Friday she was taken off of her feet (literally) by a soccer ball on the side of the head. On Saturday she went bike riding which aggravated her neck to the point that she was sore all over. She now has a fever of 102 degrees...we're not sure if it's all related or not, but it's still sad times for Heidi. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow, but if that's not the case, I'm hoping that she stays home, rests and gets to a doctor! We have a highschool sub for emergencies like this, it's a new addition this year, I'm liking it! That means that the rest of the teachers won't be called in to take over on their prep periods...it may make it easier for us, but the reasoning behind it is still unfortunate - please pray that Heidi would get better soon!
Photo of the day: Heidi and Bibi (our highschool shop teacher)

In Him,
-Amy-


4 Comments:
I think you should clarify one point in your blog...Heidi is not just unwell, she's violently ill. Yay I made 2 photos of the day :)
hey, nice photograph!!! Wow, that new boy's PE teacher is not only the most awesomest PE teacher, he can capture the essence of the moment in a photograph as well.
You're right Melodee, I was not explicit enough in my description...shameful! Yet I seem to recall that 'violently ill' was made fun of when I coined it the last time! ;)
And what's with 'that guy' getting all these fans all of a sudden -- it seems very suspicious to me!
Since this is a day later, I am hoping that Heidi is on the mend by now!
It's very good to get these "public diary" reports every few days! BTW "few" means four or so days!! :)
Signed: Mr. Ananymous!!
Post a Comment
<< Home