Letting go of Living
I love how the Lord shows me truths that I should have gotten but need a refresher on every so often. The lesson for today is true living and the need for letting go of control. Watchman Nee remarks on how we need to give up in order to be able to live in Christ properly:
"A brother who was trying to struggle into victory remarked to me one day, 'I do not know why I am so weak.' 'The trouble with you,' I said, 'is that you are weak enough not to do the will of God, but you are not weak enough to keep out of things altogether. You are still not weak enough. When you are reduced to utter weakness and are persuaded that you can do nothing whatever, then God will do everything.' We all need to come to the point where we say: 'Lord, I am unable to do anything for you, but I trust you to do everything in me.' "
The funny thing is that I know this from past experience. Why I continue to want control is beyond me...so I hope that the Lord brings me to that point where I will constantly let Him be the one to lead this life!
Photo of the day: Melodee and I

In Him,
-Amy-


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home