La Tigra
On Saturday a group of us left for La Tigra, a hiking park found further up the mountain from us. What a glorious day!! I can't tell you how much I've missed hiking in Canada. The time spent at the CEC (Canadian Ecology Centre) was great for me. It has taken me a full year to get out to La Tigra and I'm so glad I did it now when the workload is still minor.
We left the apartments at 10 am. We being Heidi, Melodee, Robyn,
Kyle, the Swansons, the Laparra boys and myself. La Tigra is a cloud forest and so we enjoyed the mists through the trees, the moss on the trees and the massive size of the trunks. Fantastic was the word for the day! I was in awe the whole way through!! We did end up going downhill most of the way to the waterfall - which was beautiful! The Laparra boys kept us entertained, falling into the water, running through the trails and basically adding comic relief as we grew more tired coming back. Kyle ended up doing the same things only with a major addition - he actually went swimming in one of the pools created by the waterfall. Which was a pretty impressive feat since the water was so cold!On the way back it started to rain. It was impressive how hard it came down in such a short time. The canopy protected us most of the time, but the last stretch was on a dirt road that turned into torrents of water that had to be navigated carefully! Since we went to the park in a truck, there was only room for so many in the cab. The rest of us (being myself, Heidi, Kyla Swanson, Dan and Ben Laparra) ended up being in the back. It was pretty cold and wet for the first part, but as we travelled we sang worship songs and kept warm. It was a nice experience. One I may regret now since I've noticed the start of a nice cold coming on.
Once back at the apartments we quickly bundled up into warm clothes and basically didn't move the rest of the night. I guess now the soreness should start! :) We did end up watching the movie 'Holes' just to say we were doing something (but it was basically so we could just sit for a while). Good times, good times!
Now I've been working all day on lesson plans and grading...well, ok, so I took a few moments to write this blog and talk to my folks. ;) Later on today I will be going with my roommates to CCI church, it will be nice to see everyone there again.
Hope this day finds you all doing well!
Photo of the day: One of the massive trees in the cloud forest!

In Him,
-Amy-


1 Comments:
Wow I wish I could have come!!
So what did you think of "HOLES"?
I liked that movie. I thought it was a pretty cool story!!
Post a Comment
<< Home