Enter the Students
Wiffle ball was a blast! The whole Swanson family joined us for a very 'cute' game! They have three precious children; Jared, Kyla and Josh. Kyla has a tremendous swing! She could go far in that game! ;) One time this week we also had the chance to go out and play night frisbee. This is the type of encouragement I hope continues on throughout the year!
Kara (grade 9/10 English teacher) and I got together to pray last night. It was a real blessing knowing we could talk to each other about our concerns and then take it all to the Lord. She has some big plans for getting the students involved in a drama production this year, I hope it works out - I'd love to be involved!
We had classes today. Only a half day, but it was still unnerving. Especially for the new teachers. As soon as I saw the students again it was as if no time had passed. The grade 10s this year are exactly as they were last year (chatty!!) :) The grade 9s don't know me yet so they were pretty quiet. I hope that continues throughout the year! My schedule still has issues so Mr. Smith is working on tweaking it into shape.
For some odd reason I keep getting more and more resources! Orfa keeps showing up at my door with boxes of books! :S It's good but I have no idea how I'll use them all! Ah well, I can't complain!
Tomorrow we'll have another half day with longer classes. I'll be happy to get into full days next week and the routine that comes with them. Right now we're finding ourselves pretty tired, it must be the stress of starting the year, I'm glad that tomorrow is Friday. That will give us the weekend to sort out final odds and ends.
Photo of the day: Melodee, Heidi and Jenny (1st Grade teacher).

In Him,
-Amy-


3 Comments:
Wow! It's hard to believe that you are back at it again already. I'm sure that in no time things will settle right down, well as much as they ever do for a teacher I suppose. Just remember, this is your chance to make the right impression on your grade 9's, and that will reflect how they act for the rest of the year. I hope that you have another amazing year, and I'll definitely keep you in my prayers.
Andrew Chuckleton
P.S. This is one of the best blogs that I have come accross - good job.
Love you!
I hope I do make a good impression Andrew...it seems that the students enjoyed my classes this first week (we'll have to see if it continues!). Thanks for the compliment on my blog! :)
Love you too Rach - I haven't seen you online recently! What's up with that?
Post a Comment
<< Home