Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Calm before the Storm

The past few days we teachers have gotten down to business! Our walls are decorated, our lesson plans are coming along and we are geared up for the beginning of the year...well...ok...so the stuff on our walls are falling off because of the rain, the lesson plans are only haphazard because our lesson plan books aren't in yet and the stress is gearing up for the beginning of the year! :)

Yesterday, after working hard all day, my roommates and I went downtown to pay a bill. I enjoyed the ride down with Brian Swanson (mostly cause he wouldn't let me do the work I brought with me!). We met Marcela while we were in town and ended up getting a ride back to Pinares with her -- we will probably be starting Bible Study at her house again this year. When we got back Kyle had made us dinner in return for the food we made him. We ended up moving around his furniture and changing his lightbulb (yes, it took four of us to get that accomplished...don't ask how!). We ended off the night by watching "Finding Forrester" with icecream mixed with peanut butter and chocolate (Heidi's famous for it!).

This morning we listened to a sermon about a Pineapple field and how a missionary had to deal with tribes coming in and stealing his fruit. The main idea behind it was for us to let go of things that we worry over, God deals with them much better than we ever could...and true blessing will come if we allow Him control of the things we think are important. What great timing! I needed to be reminded of that! Please pray that we would work hard on the tasks before us, but also that we would know when to let things be and not worry about them anymore. And with that said, I'm going to go try out wiffle ball!

Photo of the day: Adam Trout (6th Grade teacher) and his daughter Lilian.


In Him,
-Amy-

3 Comments:

At 6:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The main idea behind it was for us to let go of things that we worry over, God deals with them much better than we ever could...and true blessing will come if we allow Him control of the things we think are important."

Hmmmm ... that sounds a lot like the sermon on Christian Objectives (or "golf greens" if you choose) from Matt 6:25-33. ;)

BTW I went golfing with Harold and Molly Fiss today. We did great as a team ... it was a "best ball tournament" and I think we won!!!

You'd have liked it ... you know, getting out and "Whacking things around"!! ;)

 
At 6:40 pm, Blogger Rach B said...

hey I remember that story I like that story alot! I wish I new where to get it! cause it was really good!

Love you lots babe
wished you were there to be my helper at the wedding!

 
At 7:06 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

Otto Koning was a Dutch Missionary in Papua New Guinea. I'm sure you can find him on Google. I miss you too Rach, and I'm sorry I didn't get to go out and 'whack' the ball with you Dad, I'm glad you did great! :) I'd have loved to see Harold and Molly in action!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home