Monday, September 25, 2006

Work and Play

So just so that you know I'm doing work (just for Dr. Seuss and Tracy), I'll give you a brief rundown of where I'm at. Geography is going to have a test on physical geography (an example of a question would be how solar energy varies with latitude)...History is starting to study Ancient Greek culture which means yet again I face the scary project of the Phalanx...may we get safely through it! Psychology is being tested on methodology and experimentation. So that is the classwork.

Outside of class I still need to complete curriculum, finish progress reports, recommendation letters, practice worship songs for praise and worship, lead a game for an ACSI convention, and just now an ex-student of Pinares has asked me to proofread an essay! So good times had by all!

In other events, we had our first Youth Group at the Laparra's. It was very good! The students who came out had a blast and the message was poignant and clear - Kevin Kleman did a great job of summing it all up in his activity! It was also a great chance for all of the Bible Study groups to get together - which Henry has decided to culminate every once in a while - good thinking!

On Saturday morning we took Melodee out for a Birthday Breakfast at the Maya Hotel. Afterwards we laid out at the pool. I really enjoyed the cold water! They had a sauna and steam room (I'd never been in a steam room before - it was...steamy...). It was a very nice and relaxing time!

We also decided to wash our car. Three of us came out of the house with block colours on - reminding me of the Power Rangers, so we decided to get a picture...how random is that? Melodee had a feature on her camera that turns the picture into a cartoon - so I think we really do look like the strange little rangers...it's almost a freakish likeness! ;)

Photos of the Day: Our Power Ranger Car Wash



















2 Comments:

At 8:29 pm, Blogger Rach B said...

ha ha love it. You are the coolest. Can i get your autographed picuture sent to me in the mail?

 
At 8:40 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

LOL, Rach, you have to send me yours first - you superstar photo guru!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home