First Week Happenings
Thursday night volleyball was a riot! We took a full carload yet again down to the American school - enjoyed some intense play action! I was a mess - my ankle has been swollen since I rolled it the first day I got back, so I had it taped up before we left - then I jammed my thumb doing a set in the first game of the night! Luckily we had brought the tape with us and I was able to continue, but now it's tender. More importantly, we lost our cell phone that night - which is used for safety when traveling in our vehicle. To not have it can cause problems...
Eddie (worship leader at CCI) has found out that I can play piano. That means that he has commissioned me to play every month - this week Kyle and I were called in as emergency back up singers (Heidi wasn't feeling well enough for it) - so we decided to get the oil changed on the car while we were down in the city. It would have been good to have our cell phone then...it took 45 minutes for the mechanic to get the oil filter off - it was on Tight!
The students are great! I've enjoyed my first week immensely! I only have one class that is as talkative as other classes in the past - and they're pretty entertaining still...so we'll see! Tuesday (tomorrow) I will be going to a day retreat with all of my students (that means my 9th graders will see my crazy side). To prepare for the games I have been cooking a few pounds of spaghetti...and throwing it against the wall/ceiling to make sure it sticks! Good times! More on that later!
Please pray that the retreat goes well and the students take this time to reflect and consider seriously their Christian walk.
In Him,
Amy


2 Comments:
sorry about your foot hun! ouch!
Hope it get better soon.
I am back in my own place now.
hey, this blog is a week old! where's the new ones?!?
Post a Comment
<< Home