Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Randomness

Lately we've had randomness. I guess that's the way to put it! The school year is much more routine this year and that makes time fly...just so you know I'm working I'll let you know that in Geography we are finishing up contours and then having a test on mapping skills...in history we just had a debate on which Mesopotamian Empire had the greatest accomplishments...in psychology we are finishing up an overview of the modern perspectives held today - test tomorrow! Good times all around! Please pray for strength and wisdom for us as we move past the perception of school being a novelty and enforce our discipline as the students begin testing boundaries. (Pray for us to enforce in Christ's love as well).

Other events that have taken place lately include a DDR (Do Dat Rhydm - no dancing) night where we were able to exercise...tournament style! I think I won...but...I don't know for sure. Here is Heidi and Lee battling for the highest score!



We also went to Samuel Trout's 3rd birthday. He had so many grown-ups at his party it was hard to find him! Though...he made himself known by running in and neighing like a horse (I think that's his focus these days). It was cute :) We had homemade icecream and I had a good time visiting with Melissa Trout's sister - just arrived to student teach!

Heidi brought back a stethoscope...that provided an hour of entertainment! :) We made Melodee run around the apartment then listened to her heart...then we whispered into the end of the stethoscope and found it worked well for secret messages (if you're within 2 feet of the person!!! :S ) Jayden Priest (our resident 4 year old - son of our principal) graced us with his presence and we had him listen to his heart...he sort of cocked his head to the side and looked uncomfortable with his shoulders raised as high as they could go...

"do you hear your heart?"

"yah"

"are you cold?"

"yah"

"does it hurt your ears?"

"Yes!"
- don't worry, his shoulders went to their normal position as soon as we took the stethoscope.
Ok, Melodee, hope this is a good sized blog for you ! ;)

Photo of the day: Our settlers group looking tough!

3 Comments:

At 11:07 am, Blogger Asylum said...

you guys are cool. I miss you.

 
At 10:53 am, Blogger Rach B said...

I tried to buy DDR but can't find it.
Anyway thought of you this weekend and miss you cause I was in NB not the same without you. know you would have wanted to see dana and andrews wedding so will have pics on my blog sometime today hopefully so that you can see them.
Need to call you sometime. Got news to tell you.

 
At 10:46 am, Blogger Dan said...

There's that Heidi girl. I know here from somewhere...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home