Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Prep Week

So, this week we have been working in classrooms and having meetings with administrators throughout most days. Some are setting up classrooms, others are working on their syllabus, course overviews and discipline procedures - maybe even lesson plans for the first week or two. I have done that plus started planning a student 'day' retreat happening the second week of classes, and researching possible material for upcoming concerts.

We also happened to have our first ultimate frisbee match! We have quite a few new sports lovers here at Pinares, so I'm thinking that the year will be full of stress relieving games of all kinds! I also was able to get together with an old friend! James was back in town! Good times, we had good conversation - and maybe tomorrow good volleyball action!

So there it is, our week of prep work has allowed us to get to know the new teachers better as well. I'm excited for the solidity of this year, we have a lot of strong teachers in the highschool who will be an excellent mix! I feel good about our people!

BUT!!!! We still need a music, science or math teacher...please pray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home