Some Things to Talk About!
The past weekend was tremendous! There was such a lot going on...I'll just give some highlights...
Wednesday: We celebrated Trina's birthday at Applebees. A wonderful steak meal and good company, who could ask for anything more! Here's a picture of the birthday girl with Heidi and I. Tomorrow Chad comes to Honduras to see her, I'm thinking she's excited! :D

Thursday: We had a final get-together with our Bible Study group, which was a Birthday celebration for Heidi! We had Marcela's amazing Tortilla Soup, pistachios and some amazing home-made gelato! In one of those real gelato makers (none of that fake stuff!) The picture is of Marcela getting in the way of Heidi - she did this consistently all night! It was hilarious! She's holding the gelato mix before we put it in the machine. It was amazing to watch the gelato maker in action! Mark did a good job!
Friday: I was invited to Alejandra's house! She's a 10th grader...all I've got to say is - only in Honduras would your students like you so much they'd add you to their list of friends to hang out with after school! A large group of us got together (including 4 teachers) and watched a movie. I even got to sign her wall afterwards (apparently it's like a guestbook).
Saturday: Only the bestest day EVER! Wow...so much went on that day...for the whole scope of things check out Heidi's blog - she beat me at blogging, give her a hand! :D I enjoyed the floor hockey the best, it took me back to the good old days when I played every week! The soggy frisbee game was a close second...it was soo...wet! I thought I had played the game pretty nicely, only coming out with my legs covered in mud, but then Swanson felt I was too clean and picked me up - carrying me a quarter of the field only to set me down in the biggest mud puddle he could find! Good times! The picture of us is after the mud-dunking!
It was really great being able to meet with people outside of Pinares, the embassy and international school had great representatives! I have to say that the life-size dutch blitz game was also a nice highlight...Charles (works at the feeding centre), Missy and myself dominated the game! We had the best teamwork I've seen this year! :D The picture below is right before Clinton and Tara (International) said goodbye. Ah, and the tarantula? Well, it is now in Priest's office, enjoying it's home in two of our cooking bowls! It was a great end of this great day!
This Week: We have no students! No more classes! But the work continues...in fact more so than teaching...we need to complete book inventories, grades, recuperation exams, studyguides, tutor, organize, etc...however, we still had time to give Kyle his birthday present - a guitar! We made him follow clues to find it...the last location being my classroom. Which is where it is now! We kept it there because of rain. Matute came into my classroom today and serenaded me with it, it was beautiful! I am so impressed with how he can play! He must have liked the guitar because he came back a couple of times! I'm hoping that happens the whole week! :D
Coming home in less than a week! We're excited!!
Photo of the day: Another view of our little 'buddy' (who I got pretty close to for this shot!)
In Him,
-Amy-



13 Comments:
As of today, June 13th 2006, the official count of ALL window people is...right side=7...left side=18.
Hey! How come a "chat" with your Dad on MSN didn't make the list??!!
A curious bystander
That man be the sweetest spider I have ever seen! I'm jealous.
:D Dad, you know I love you! You'll probably make photo of the day many times during the summer, so don't feel too shunned!
Melis...it truly was a fun little guy, we should name him!
June 14th update - right side=11...left side=32. What do ya have to say about that?
Not that Melodee isn't trustworthy or anything, but where is the documentation to this ongoing poll she is taking? Is there any photographic evidence or maybe a hand written signature of another witness to these findings? I THINK NOT!!!
I think that we have to go with the facts. The fact of the matter in this situation is that at this very minute (10:35pm June 14, 2006,) Amy’s online poll which asks which side the stickers belong on says that 3 out of 5 people chose the right side of the car. You can’t argue with the facts as they are right there in black and white; not like these so called 32 to 11 cars.
Directions, please?!
That curious bystander again :)
If you want photographic evidence I could get it for you...though it might have to wait till August since we're leaving soon. And if I'm so trustworthy you should just believe me or any of the other people who were in the car with me yesterday or the day before. I think its just that this "concerned citizen" aka "el guapo muchacho" aka Kyle can't handle the truth that maybe just this once his scientific evidence was mistaken.
YOU GUYS HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS! THANKS FOR CORRECTING ME AMY!!AND NOW MELODEE!!
Awe thanks Melodee..........you think I’m handsome.
hmmm...that wasn't exactly what i was hoping you'd get from my last comment...however, yes i guess i did say that.
can't wait till I can talk to you in person!!
Love ya lots!!
Hope you get all the cleaning done you have to do and also the writting stuff!
No problem Melisa, we're always here to correct you ;) Thanks for the good times and the drive-by hugging (nice touch)!
Right Rach, loving the fact that I'm coming back to good ole C-A-N..and all the rest of it! :) Talk to you soon
Post a Comment
<< Home