Sunday, June 04, 2006

Gatsby Done Honduran Style!

Saturday night we had the opportunity to get together with the grade 10 class of Pinares. Kara Raulerson, their English teacher, had just taught The Great Gatsby in class, and all of the students were enthralled with it! So Rauly (Kara) decided to organize a real '20s' party, complete with costumes, food and music! A few class sponsors and teachers of the grade 10 class were invited as well, which is how I found out about this event! In order to get in we had to show up looking like we were from the 20s - something that made for a good story when our car full of 20s looking teachers stopped at a pulperia for water! I wonder what the Hondurans were thinking! The party was also a nice culminating event for Rauly to say goodbye to her main class. It was a nice event!

On Sunday we had the Senior's Baccalaureate at Union Church. It was very well done, Brian Swanson was chosen by the Seniors to speak. He did a very good job, it was very inspiring! One more week of putting our everything into our students!

Here are a few pictures of the good times we had at the 20s party...

Heidi, Betsy and I











Heidi and Chris










Rauly (Kara), Ana and Miss Hendricks (Jen)













A few of the girls dressed 20s style









David and Mario











Good times had by all!
In Him,
-Amy-

3 Comments:

At 7:47 am, Blogger Rach B said...

man I miss those kind of activities. People here just think I am weird when I sugest dress up parties!!

I want to hang out with you when you get back thinking the first week of july would be good for me. Hopefully that works for you too...let me know if it doesn't.

 
At 8:46 am, Blogger -Amy- said...

Hey Rach, I get back June 20th, during that week I have a family reunion and that's all the plans I have for the summer as of now, so, I'm pretty sure that will work for me ;)

 
At 9:49 pm, Blogger Rach B said...

hey I will be online all the time now cause just got intetnet tonight

so hopefully that means I can chat with you more...you can be my "roomate" again!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home