Concerts!
So
we just finished an excellent two days of concerts! Thursday night we had the guitar classes and band. They did an excellent job! I was very impressed with the 8th grade...they had gone to a music festival this year and received a 'superior' for their performance...I could definitely see why! The band had it's moments as well. I'll always remember Diego getting into his role of playing the 'marching' drum - bobbing his head to the beat like he was a part of the world's best jazz group! :) Mr. Matute has brought them far! This is Mr. Matute playing bass with me...he's very talented, switching from bass to flute to guitar for whatever is needed!
Tonight we had the Choir Concert. Katie Kulp led us through this one. She did an excellent job of organizing everything...it ran so smoothly! What a great leader she is! I played quite a few songs, it was nice to get into piano again, it's been too long! Heidi was my page turner and Kyle was the 'mic' guy...that took his job very seriously, even getting an ear piece that made him look like a bodyguard (protecting Melodee from any crazy musicians!). One of the highlights was the teacher's performance, Betsy certainly knows how to hit those high notes!! Also, the students did a wonderful job on the bells...I took a video of them playing 'A Thousand Miles'...it's simply gorgeous! This was Katie's last concert at Pinares...it will be a very sad parting at the end of this year - we're not just losing an amazing, talented music teacher, I'm also losing a 'twin'! It's true, the students get us confused in the hallways - I think its cute!Photo of the day: Katie and I, the 'twins'!

In Him,
-Amy-


4 Comments:
PS - My cord for my computer is fixed and ready to be picked up...just in time too - the workload has just doubled! Also...I was having trouble putting pictures up on the blog this time, so three will have to do! :)
you're making me look bad as you blog even without your computer!!
Sorry Heidi...my bad
reading your blog totally makes me miss boarding school!!
Post a Comment
<< Home