One Fine Saturday!
Brian Swanson took on a mega project this Saturday...he hosted and organized a Math Olympics! That means that 20 schools came to Pinares and competed against tests that Brian created!!! (he put in a LOT of work on this one) He asked for help with monitoring the students taking the tests, I volunteered! So at 8 in the morning, I found myself in the auditorium getting directions on how to make the whole day work! We were responsible for welcoming the teams and monitoring a category of students...I was able to monitor Geometry. After the tests came the harried task of organizing the score sheets and figuring out what the teams of students received for their labours. Brian did an amazing job and everything went smoothly! Yay Brian!
After the Olympics a group of us headed down to Chiminike...a small-scale Science North idea that had a lot of fun science stuff for kids. We did not have any kids with us (though we did end up meeting the Swanson's there)...that did not stop us from enjoying trying out the different activities in the rooms - such as lying on a
bed of nails, walking through a nose, climbing a roped jungle gym, and playing with a tornado. I am still trying to rack my brains on how I can make this place relevant for my classes! The best room for me was the water room, they had a meandering river that explained deposition, the
water cycle and river flow! Yah...I love hydrology (that was the tornado room as well). Heidi, Krystal and I went to TGIF's for a dessert called Oreo Madness...wow was that good! We went there to meet up with Brian and his family so we could get a ride up. We went back
up the hill eating dessert in the back of a pick-up truck! It was great and allowed us to view Honduras in a different way than usual! When we got home we found a party taking place in the apartment above us...they came down when they heard us come in and told us to change and come on up! It was a great night of letting loose and just being crazy! I enjoyed hanging out with all the girls!I have had a cat howling outside of my window at night...it has been rather annoying and has even changed the way I've been dreaming...having cats show up randomly - it must stop! ;)
In Him,
-Amy-


4 Comments:
I agree with you Amy--the cats must go!!! And while you're at it, get rid of the dogs outside my window, they've been keeping me awake as well.
And what about those bells and roosters! ;) We're surrounded on all sides!
So the cats are taking place of luke in your dreams eh? well that will never do!! :)
LOL...never, Luke always has a place in my heart! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home