Monday, November 14, 2005

Trees and Bleachers!


We have officially started the Christmas season! Melodee was very excited to have our Christmas tree up. So on Saturday we watched The Count of Monte Cristo on our wall using a projector and made popcorn strings. After that we decorated our tree (it's 3D this year, that's a step up!). Heidi was given the great honour of putting the star on the top! And Melodee used hair spray on the popcorn...which may cause flammable problems later!

Now all we need are the stockings to be hung...in equality, with similar widths, heights and weights...because we're ALL important... ;) Seriously, don't even ask. On to the main event...

I am always looking for a great star gazing night...which I lovingly refer to as a 'bleacher night' since the only place to see stars at Pinares is on the bleachers by the soccer field. We've been in hurricane season for a while so I haven't been able to have a decent one. I don't really know how it happened but one night Melodee, Kyle and I were discussing 'bleacher night' and they decided that only super friends would go out and gaze at stars with me (which was just another excuse for a competition...sigh). ;)

Anyhow! Tonight was a great bleacher night! So Heidi, Kyle, Melodee and I went down there and gazed at the stars...for a while. Such great memories are made from times like this! Then we decided to try star spinning, a game that I tribute to Mark Jeffrey (that was the bestest New Year's ever!). Star spinning is when you look at the stars while spinning around for 30 seconds, then try to jump over a stick. Sounds rather simple but is hilarious to watch! All of us did it (Yay Melodee!) but Kyle kind of 'over' did it. He spun three times and then wasn't able to move for a while...something about dizziness not sitting well with him. I must admit, he was the fastest star spinner I'd seen in a while. But he felt better after watching some football. Good times, good times!

Photo of the day: Melodee, me, Heidi and Kyle enjoying our bleacher night (Note the starbursts! We tried to take off the wrapper with our tongue...Heidi took gold!)















In Him,
-Amy-

5 Comments:

At 2:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody looks a little dizzy in that last picture!! :)

Anonymous Daddy! ;)

 
At 6:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking maybe my favorite cap of yours was screwed on a little too tight...

Anonymous pops ;p

 
At 10:37 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

No comment on that last one ;) But just for a disclaimer, that picture was taken before we star spun!

 
At 6:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that new years!! when he jumped in a ditch and broke the ice and was drenched in wetness. :) hee hee so much laughter that night!! Man I hope I get to spend some good quality snow time with you!!!
love ya lots

 
At 9:53 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

Yah, the best entertainment comes with a stick and some snow! :) We'll have to revisit those memories this Christmas! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home