Monday, October 17, 2005

A 3 Day Weekend

I guess I should mention that I have successfully survived another Phalanx presentation from my grade 10s...they did not spear each other and enjoyed strategizing on the field. Here's a couple pictures of what my viewpoint was. One group went so far as to salute the Principal!


This weekend was packed full. Katie Wells bought a puppy and brought it to the apartment, she bought it outside of McDonald's...hope that doesn't say anything about their meat sources! :S (j/k!!) Corinia is the cutest little pup! We even got Melodee to hold her. On Saturday Heidi, Melodee and I went to Yvonne's and got our hair cut...I actually had straight hair for a day and a half...that's like a record.

Sunday afternoon we played a pretty competitive game of giant dutch blitz...Brian Swanson was the champion of that game, diving into other players - including his own kids!!

But the main event was when the Canadians banded together and had a sweet Thanksgiving meal together at the Franck's apartment. Ivan and Carol Franck are shown in the picture to the right. What a great fellowship! The food was excellent...the atmosphere was like Christmas - this was due to windy weather, a dark night, and a fireplace with garlands stretched across it! There were even whitish steps outside that looked almost like snow (yah, I know, that's pushing it)! ;) After we were done eating, we all gave a word of thanks, a memory of Thanksgiving or a Bible verse that has touched us. We were mostly taken up with God's constancy and how He would never change even if everything else around us did. What an Awesome God we serve and I am truly blessed to have Him shaping my life!

Photo of the day: Our Canadian Thanksgiving group!


Thankfully In Him,
-Amy-

4 Comments:

At 3:23 pm, Blogger Rach B said...

glad you got to celebrate thanxgiving!!!

love ya lots

 
At 8:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck, "Canadian" thanksgiving and no americans were invited. Thats it, I move for a no canadian invitation when we have our american thanksgiving.

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

I enjoyed thanksgiving very much! And Americans didn't want to grace us with their presence (we had too odd of a humour I'm told!)...so your move is vetoed!

 
At 5:07 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

So apparently I was wrong about the Americans not wanting to come to our cool dinner. Next time we eat swankily we'll have to invite you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home