Spiritual Emphasis Week!
A lot has happened this week. Pastor Tim, Jason and Richard came and spoke to the students each day. I had them come into my classes and speak personally to my grade 10 students. True leadership was the main focus, which
is a good topic for these particular students. After a full week of fellowship we had to say goodbye to these three men. (In the picture to the right we have Tim, Richard, Jason and Mr. Laparra). We had a large Bible Study at the Laparra's house to send them off. We ate together, worshipped, watched a silly video of the retreat and then Tim closed his time with a moving message. The students appreciated his coming and we are sad to see all of them leave. There was a lot of students out to say goodbye.
On Saturday I got up early to help the grade 10 students with the play. We decided to hold it in the library because the echo in the gym was making it too hard to hear anything. They were going to practice from 10 to 3 (that's an amazing long time for students to stay focused), Kara is a trooper! The students are doing well and taking this production seriously...I'm impressed. We had a game day at the Priest's house as well, it was fun (as long as the competition didn't get too fierce). We ended off the day with a couple movies...good ones...that don't need 3D glasses to be fun! :P
I'm also impressed with the amount of support I received for my loss. The staff has been so sensitive and has surrounded me with encouragement and prayer. The students have also been there for me. My grade 9 class all got up and gave me a hug when they found out on Friday. Yah...Friday was a rough day. I had to go home halfway through the day and sleep or else I would have had no energy to teach. The Bible Study and Play practice were tough on me, but I'm glad I went. I did find out that my Grandpa contracted pneumonia which weakened him and led to his passing. The funeral will be held on Monday at 1:00pm with my Dad leading the service. This Thanksgiving is a little hard on us, but the Lord is good and we know He's able to see us through.
Photo of the day: The Staff of Pinares with Tim and Jason.

In Him,
-Amy-


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home