Haircuts and 'Lost'...
Getting back into teaching is a difficult thing...especially when you have progress reports to hand out at the end of the week! I hope that all goes well and that the students realize that the summer is over and they're in for the long haul! Please pray that the students use these reports to improve their marks!
So today was interesting. Right, every day here is interesting...but today I cut Kyle's hair. How funny is that! Seriously I was petrified that I'd warp his head, but I think the clippers were foolproof! With Heidi and Melodee laughing on the sidelines (which doesn't help the nerves!) we made a lot of hair wads on the back porch! I think without giving a detailed inspection it looks ok! He said it was fine, but, if I see him wearing hats for the next few days I'll know that he was lying and I messed up! ;)
Today we had a teacher meeting where everyone was introduced to the board members. It was nice to see them again and enjoy good fellowship (with KFC). Tonight was also the premiere of 'Lost'. Apparently it's a rather addictive TV show, so a few of us went over to watch it at Katie, Jessica and Janice's apartment. It's intense! I don't think I've watched anything more random. But, random is good, and somehow I was able to follow it rather well (go figure). It is so frustrating though, they cut off at suspenseful moments...I guess that's for ratings, but I think its annoying! How do you put up with that??! ;)
Just for an FYI, Janice just got here this past week on really short notice to take over the grade 5 classroom. I'm impressed at how quickly she's settled in and adjusted to life in Honduras! Way to go Janice! On Friday we'll be going to an ACSI conference that has about 400 Christian teachers getting together for workshops. It should be nice and maybe give me a better understanding of what mission schools are currently in Central America (seeing as these teachers travel from a fair distance to get here). I'll let you know how it goes! :)
We're following Hurricane Rita - it's pretty scary how big it is already. We'll be praying!
Photo of the day: The haircut in progress (notice how dark it is...that's my excuse for any problems!)

In Him,
-Amy-


1 Comments:
Yikes!! I dont' know if I would trust you to cut my hair!! Kyle is a brave one!!
:) So glad you had fun in elsalvador!
we will have to talk sometime.
This week I am out every night
monday- tap dancing
Tuesday - choir
wedneday- making supper for some people- then meeting
Thursday - tap dancing again
Friday- well actually nothing planned for friday.
but I hope that i can chat with you soon!!
love you lots
Post a Comment
<< Home