Honduran Update #1
I have officially arrived in Honduras for another season! The time spent at home was wonderful. I’m so glad I was able to spend the summer in Canada enjoying such great fellowship with family and friends! I appreciated seeing you all!
Heidi and I were able to get the same flight back but the one we had was at 7 in the morning, so we decided to spend the night in Toronto so we would have at least a little bit of sleep. The night before we left the country we enjoyed a final meal at the Rainforest Café. Richard Brooks joined us for a great time of fellowship with the strange atmosphere the Café created. Every half hour there would be a ‘rainstorm’ with water streaming down into troughs while electronic jungle animals would move around and make noise. It was a great segue to our tropical life in Honduras!
The next day Heidi and I left bright and early. When we were lifting off the runway we were able to see the wreckage of the Air France crash beneath us… it spoke to me about how frail we are. There are no guarantees that we will live beyond this moment. It’s good to know that we have a loving God that is in control of everything!
In Miami we met up with Henry Laparra (the Spiritual Life Director) and his family, only 8 children were with him this time! The world is much smaller when you meet people you know in a ‘foreign’ place. We arrived safely in Tegucigalpa.
I had a few surprises when we came up. My classroom had been painted, my new textbooks had arrived (what a blessing!) and the weather was so cold that I had to take out my sweaters right away (I’m wearing one even as I type this). Melodee is back with us again and our new roommate Trina has settled in. She’s very nice and knew quite a few teachers before they came to Pinares…what a small world!
We’re now setting up for the new year. Please pray that we would be organized before next Thursday (the start of classes) and have all of our goals for our students and the year finalized. If you’d like to contact me using the traditional route, my mailing address is as follows:
Academia Los Pinares
Apartado 3250
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
I hope that you’re all doing well and enjoying the rest of your summer!
In Christ’s Love,
Amy
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful.” Hebrews 10:23


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home