ACSI
The end of the week brought the annual ACSI Conference. Pinares hosted it, so that meant we had to have nice, clean and organized classrooms...I spent two periods making mine worthy.
Melodee was sick with the 'influenza' that is going around, it hits you fiercely, apparently! She left on Friday at the start of the conference to rest up. That left Heidi, Kyle, Kevin and I to take in all the fun. The conference had quite a few workshops, but not much that focused on high school classes (other than math). So we went to the math workshop with Mr. Brian Swanson. Fortunately, he made all of the information integrate with our different subject areas - go Brian go! We even got to test out our knowledge of linear equations by testing a bungee cord (made up of rubber bands...bad idea with ADD students/teachers) with an egg attached. We had guys vs. girls - but there was a third group of actual math teachers that took us out. Ah well, it was still a great experience.
The rest of the day was spent in trying out a kindgergarten session, listening to seminars and serving food - and taking orders from one of our students who was organizing the food! The only time that'll happen David!
On Saturday I was supposed to lead a teambuilding activity for a session called motivational learning. Melodee improved in health to help me out as my assistant. We had enough time to pray and organize before we needed to be out at our stations under the direction of Leisa Anderson. It went very well I think, I heard good things.
After the conference was over we headed down to watch Heidi and Kyle play in league games. Heidi played a very intense game - having a few solid hits, good sets and serves. Her team won. Kyle's team was so ...powerful in their previous match that the team they were supposed to play today were too scared to show up! After the three players that did arrive made phone calls to get the rest of their players there...they played...and were beaten soundly (by Kyle's team). Melodee and I amused ourselves by making sportscaster videos...it just goes to show that being really tired helps make creative nonsense. Yay!


1 Comments:
ah amy your can make anything fun!
I wish I had your talent!
love ya hun!
Post a Comment
<< Home