Saturday, July 22, 2006

Storm!

This past week I went to Camp Medeba to research their Leadership program and basically help them out on program. While I was there a large storm destroyed North Bay and the surrounding area. My parent's place was untouched (though a tree fell a few feet from their back porch)...thousands of trees were snapped from high velocity winds - crushing cars, uprooting powerline poles and causing enough damage to have people scrambling for half a week to get rid of the debris!
So the whole community came together to help each other. Lornie - our next door neighbour had quite a few trees fall in his yard, the photo of the day should show the destruction he faced. Amazingly, many conversations about God came from this encounter with the elements!


Photo of the Day: It took an insane amount of time for this to upload, so I'll only put on one! This is Lornie's backyard, right beside our house.

4 Comments:

At 11:33 am, Blogger Rach B said...

yikes...yeah I heard about it from your dad when I called to talked to you. I forgot you were away. Hope to talk to ya soon. I left a message last night as you were out or something

 
At 2:08 am, Blogger Kevin P said...

There are few things more impressive than a good storm. Hope too much was not damaged - Lord has a way of reminding us of His power and control.

 
At 3:08 pm, Blogger Dan said...

That is crazy stuff, Amy.

**********************************

Now for something entirely unrelated, an excerpt from "The Berenstain Bears and the Week At Grandma's"

"Once in a while the Bear family, who lived in the big tree house down a sunny dirt road deep in Bear Country, got out the family snapshots and looked at them. "What are these?" asked Sister Bear, picking up a book of photos. "I don't think I've seen them before".....

 
At 8:07 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

Random stuff dan...random stuff...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home