Medeba: Discovery II
Just to warn you right away...this computer isn't letting me upload any pictures...so I'll have to put them up later...
The past couple of weeks I've been putting my time into Medeba: a Christian adventure learning camp that trains kids on outdoor skills like rock climbing, rappelling, high and low ropes, etc. It's a beautiful area and I had a lot of fun while researching a Leadership course that they offer (for future reference). But I'd have to say that the best part of my time was the people that I met...stay in contact with me if you msn - supergoat07@hotmail.com
(Mel I forgot to give you that information but would love it if you'd pass it on)
Nate: The guy who could sell you anything ;) - was able to persuade me to come in the first place, has a great golf swing (even if it lands in the bushes half the time) and is made to be a mover: which means I have yet to see you unable to do anything you set your mind to - you'll have to let me know what you're up to a year from now :D
Mel: The most organized girl I've ever met, is able to lead anything with ease and juggle 30 things at once, yet can play a mean game of basketball in the dark! We need more people like you! :)
Alanna & Jason: Two of the most gifted people I've ever met, easy-going and welcoming, and definitely full of good conversation - it would be a pleasure to meet you two again!
Andrew, Nathan, Marc & Dan: The craziest program staff I've ever met, but great with improv and strange accents. Thanks Andrew for your help with the low ropes research, it was excellent, you've got great musical ability! Nathan...you're hilarious and a very impressive outdoorsman - it was a great trip (more of that later), Marc - I still don't know how you could be so confused all the time, but it made me laugh! I'm sorry I missed the zipline into the campfire! Dan, your experiences are amazing - the Prince Harry story will be in my memory for a long time! I hope you enjoy your time in Canada...even if you have the freakiest 'evil' laugh I've ever heard!
Rachel & Val: You're beautiful! You're both able to take things in stride and relax. I enjoyed the crazy night in the rain - I still need to get those pictures!!, the night frisbee, and the night training of 'buck buck' (everything happens at night!)
Kelly: The most giving girl I've met in a while, you give your all and it's a pleasure to see! Thanks for the sleeping bag and so sorry it came back to you sopping wet...
Joel: HA! You just make my day! I like how you enjoy life! And getting your whole cabin to take me down with flour snowballs was classic! Let me know how you're doing with LDP!
Sebastian: You've got the best laugh in the world, never lose it! It was fun hanging out in the program room with the activity board groupies!
Whitney: You're a hard worker with a great attitude and solid spirit, I enjoyed meeting you!
Tim: You've got a great heart, I appreciate that and will be praying for you!
Pamela: the most persistent person on staff! I love that you got me to come back for the canoe trip, it was a fantastic experience!
Stu & Jackie: Two of the most welcoming people I've ever met, thank you!
Steve & Michael: It's good to have perfectionists around camp, and what was that other word you used Steve? ;) Michael, thanks for letting me pick your brain about LDP it was very edifying.
To the rest of the councellors and staff: Shane, Chris, Rachel, Meghan, Christina, Hubert, Jeff, Mark, Courtney (great helper), Mary & Glenda, Rick, Jenita, Jalissa - I think you're all great and have amazing abilities, I hope you all have an amazing year!
It was great to meet all of you!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home