Volleyball Tournament!
Today was a very cold day...so cold we had no school! This is very odd for February, but it did allow us to catch up on much needed rest! And it gives me a chance to tell you of a fantastic discovery!
Last Thursday we were invited to the American School for volleyball. They do this every week! What a fun time! So a group of us went down to enjoy ourselves...and we learnt (yes, 'learnt' is a word!) that there was going to be a volleyball tournament at the American Ambassador's Residence on Saturday! So Kyle, Heidi and her friend Melissa Jakola (who is here from Canada for two weeks) entered the tournament. Melodee and I had appointments with a masseuse so we dropped the others off and watched as cars that were entering the compound had their hoods checked for bombs! We called Paul (the coordinator) later in the day to see how our group was doing and he told us they were in the finals! So we rushed over as fast as we could, got through security without doing anything (yah, I was on the list!) and ...was too late. Kyle, Heidi and Melissa had won the tournament after learning about it two days before! How great is that! Two Canadians were a part of the team that beat the American Military teams! ;) Don't worry, we won't bring it up again. Anyhow, the Ambassador's residence was a great place to spend an afternoon - with a pool, tennis court, beach volleyball court and basketball court. We may go back again! ;)
Photo of the Day: The Conquering Champions!

In Him,
-Amy-


6 Comments:
Hey Amy! Sounds like you're having a blast! Happy Valentine's Day, my friend. I miss you lots! I'll have to get your email address from Hillary. Love you!
Jen Lenhart
Happy Valentine's Day to you too Jen! We do need to catch up some time! ;)
I am so proud of them! Way to bring pride to the mighty teachers of Pinares.
P.S. - When do you people grade papers?
Love, The Principal
I just clicked on the picure to bring it up larger. Is Kyle doing what I think he is doing? Did he get a Hawaiian, er, Canadian punch afterwards?
Yes, Heidi defended herself rather nicely afterwards!
Hey, who are those hot girls in that photo?? ArrrrRRrrr!
ps. you are now on my blogroll...yeah!
Post a Comment
<< Home