Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tela

We were given Friday as a day off for the inauguration of the President. So we took our little chevy out for a stroll...all the way to the coast! We had a group of five girls packed into it for the 7 hour journey. It was rough going at first, what with heavy fog, unclear road signs and Spanish roadblocks! We also had to watch a dog get run over by a transport and pass a funeral procession (no, we didn't do it on purpose!).

When we arrived in Tela we were met by Fernando (a guy we knew from Church). He worked for a resort called Honduras Shores and gave us a discount! He helped us past the worst roads I've seen in Honduras so far (it had rained a lot and flooded out entire sections). It rained all of Thursday, which gave us little hope for the rest of our stay. Friday we did get a small window of sun - growing to a beautiful day on Saturday! :) ....and then...Sunday we would have fried if we stayed!

So what did we do with this weather? A lot of our time was by their gorgeous pool, but we did end up walking to the downtown area (it took us an hour and a half along the beach! I was sore!). We also talked to the other people at our resort...there were 10 Canadian couples enjoying a month away from the frigid north! Too bad that most of their stay was rainy! We went out to eat at a place within Tela and bumped into a large group of doctors from Holland Michigan (where Ruthie is from) who were helping out at a medical brigade. Talk about a small world, one of the doctors knew her parents! It was a good thing we bumped into them at that time, Steph had a medical issue and was able to consult within the restaurant!

It was a great time and we ended up taking a lot of pictures! So I'll just put a few in...

We played in the children's pool, it looked quite fun when the fountains were on!













From left to right: Ruthie, Trina, Steph, Fernando, me and Heidi













Hanging out by the pool












Me, Trina and Heidi: a roomie picture













Ruthie and Steph enjoying the Caribbean












Steph and Ruthie
















As requested, a picture of our wonderful road conditions that Heidi was able to guide us through

7 Comments:

At 11:39 pm, Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~ said...

What a SWEET spot...Thankyou Lord for the sun, not rainy the whole time :D You forgot to put in a lovely mudding road shot! That was a great experience.

 
At 9:17 am, Blogger -Amy- said...

7 hours trip!!!sounds like a beautiful spot!!!Mom

 
At 9:43 am, Blogger -Amy- said...

Mom, I seriously have no idea how you were able to put in a comment as me, that's impressive you hacker! ;)

 
At 6:32 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to that way hot guys PE teacher? How come he didn't go with you guys to Tela?


-From another hacker

 
At 3:52 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

See...l'il hacker wannabe, you don't have a way cool picture of tulips to validate your claim of being me! Shot down!

 
At 8:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand the hacker stuff. I wanna be a hacker, but then, nope I remember I got better things to do, I'm a nintendo guru. Yup, that's right, I got skills!

 
At 3:21 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

Chris, you're a superstar with all the skills you have! I want to be just like you when I grow up! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home