Monday, December 26, 2005

At Home

What a whirlwind! After arriving in Canada it has been a difficult task to get relaxed! But I think I'm finally there...

Last week when Heidi and I arrived in Toronto we were surprised to see the Stanley Cup by the luggage carousel. What a great greeting for us - too bad we didn't run up to the guy with the case and snap a picture - I'm sure it would have made a better story (it may even have included us being detained by police for crossing some sacred line that all puny mortals should maintain when nearing the cup). But...instead we decided to just take a picture of ourselves afterwards...looking happy...and satisfied...with ourselves...because we saw such a great thing...

I stayed at Heidi's place overnight, it was very relaxing and a good start to my vacation. The next day I did end up going to Callander (my home and native land). But we had to survive a whiteout and two plows on the way up! Welcome to Canada! :S

Other Christmas experiences included seeing my family (Wow Logan has grown!), seeing some good friends, getting a cold, and seeing more good friends.

For a serious side, I went up North with my family to visit my Grandparents. On the way there we visited my Grandpa Smith's grave. It was the first time I could actually visualize that he had passed away...an image that will probably be ingrained in my memory for a long time. It does give a sense of closure, but it was still difficult...a good kind of difficult (if you know what I mean).

Now I'm looking ahead. Towards tomorrow, maybe the next day...but not much further than that. There seems to be a theme repeating itself wherever I go (all for different reasons) - God's timing; in the way He deals with us, in the way we deal with each other, in who we are, in our growth in Him, in the circumstances of our lives and the decisions we make. I pray that personally I will be able to trust in God's timing in all of these things, may He be Sovereign throughout this life entrusted to me.

In Him,
-Amy-

3 Comments:

At 2:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you and Heidi are making it up about seeing the stanly cup. Amy, I don't think you have to make up stories just to impress people and make them think you are cool. If people dont like you for you are, w/o having to make things up about yourself, maybe you shouldn't be their friend.

It's ok Amy, I still love the both of you even if you arn't necessisarily "cool."

 
At 7:58 am, Blogger Rach B said...

Hey So waiting to hear how your trip home was....

 
At 8:52 am, Blogger -Amy- said...

To Superfriend:
I think that my true friends would realize that I think of them highly and wouldn't want to hurt the friendship by lying to them! ;) I'm glad you're able to get past our 'uncoolness' though, that's good of you (even if you are a bit deluded). :)

To Rach:
I'm so working on it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home