Thursday, August 04, 2005

Chronicles of Wasted Time

Malcolm Muggeridge titled his autobiography "Chronicles of Wasted Time". I have to admit that if his time was wasted then mine doesn't stand a chance. So hopefully I will have a challenge when I wake up - to live a life by dying to self and give what I have to the only One who can make it worth anything. Since Christ was the one who gave me everything in the first place, I'm not losing out. Now starts a year where I must learn this lesson day after day.

Today, I thought, would be a good day to start a journal. Maybe this journal will be different than any I have attempted previously, meaning that I'll actually write in it once in a while. So this is me attempting.

I've had a good summer and I'm sorry to see it leave. Three weddings, camping, family, friends and a lot of relaxation...can't get better than that. It's hard to say goodbye, but in a way, I've already left. My mind is now turned to what I need to accomplish before leaving Canada. What should I pack? What won't I be able to find in Honduras? What plans do I have for my classroom? Why did Toronto have to have a plane crash this past week? Well...I suppose I'm not too worried about that. The Lord is good and will keep us safe. History is good evidence of that. Losing my passport at the airport last season wasn't the smartest move on my part, but the Lord saw fit to get it back to me. Getting hit by a transport wasn't exactly fun either, but for some reason the Lord kept me safe. I can't say I understand why things happen the way they do, but I have an assurance that the Lord's always in control and will be no matter what the situation. I guess that this week Mat B. and Hillary are agreeing with me!

In Him,
-Amy-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home