Tuesday, November 09, 2010

A Visit from My Parents

This past weekend I had my parents down from Ontario to visit. They had seen the school already, but the house I was staying in and basically everything else about life in Philadelphia was not experienced yet!

One of the main things that they wanted to try down here was golf courses. So though this is the coldest weekend we've had up to now we went out and took in some golf. Yep, we froze. Just grin and bear it for 3.5 hrs until you can no longer feel your fingers grip the club! ...that was when I parred a hole. Hmm... so maybe the moral of the story is that I'm a better golfer when I'm frozen! Though, the bulkiness of all the layers I had on made my swing a bit ridiculous! A good experience over all :)

Other than the cold, we enjoyed experiencing the King of Prussia Mall (the one referred to all the time in 'The Office'). Though Dad had a harrowing experience there, it was fun for Mom to see stores like Macy's and Bloomingdales.

We also went to Valley Forge National Historic Park for the beauty and knowledge of past events. I didn't know that only one guy died from fighting! Thousands of people died from the cold and disease at Valley Forge! That is very sad...

And so, here are my parents standing outside of the home of Washington.

2 Comments:

At 9:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember what my "harrowing experience" was! But I DO remember the lovely time golfing and visiting my old friend George's house!! ;)

 
At 9:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And while I'm at it, I must reveal how Amy got her PAR!!!
Instead of using normal clubs she hit the ball from the fairway with her putter!!!! Which landed her about 2 feet from the pin!!!! Then she sunk her easy PAR PUTT!!!
Wow! I've never seen the like of that before!! That's my girl!!!! Bwahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home