Week of FuN!
Last week was full of surprises! Dom was going to leave Philadelphia on Tuesday. He received a call on Monday from a company that had interviewed him a few weeks ago wanting a second interview! God has great timing!! Though they didn't offer him a job at that second interview, it was neat to see how God showed his sovereignty! We can trust Him with it all!
On Thursday I headed to Newark by train to get a plane to Calgary. Yep, it was a long day! When I arrived at the airport in Calgary Stef was there to say hi really quick, but she had to leave almost as soon as I arrived. Alberto had flown into Calgary the same day so he was going to pick up Dom and I and bring us to Red Deer. It was a real blessing to be able to spend time with him and his family! Thank you so much for all the rides, the hospitality, awesome food and everything else! Truly a blessing!
We stayed in Red Deer only until Sunday - it was weird how it all felt so familiar...like we had never left! Dom and I had the opportunity of helping Blayne and Janell prepare for their big day! I love how we had to spray the moss that Janell and her bridesmaids went searching for with raid!! Too funny!! The centrepieces looked fantastic with the added touch of the moss though! I have to confess Janell, after we sprayed it I saw a couple bugs happy and quite alive running around in it! ;) No worries though, they weren't there the next day!
The wedding was so beautiful and unique. I loved the planting of the tree in the ceremony, and how the moss was used throughout. The tribute to Janell's Dad was also so special! And just to let you know, if you wanted a community atmosphere, you got it! :)
The reception was awesome as well. We got to spend time with so many people from Crossroads. Dan Cochrane mentioned he had a word for us to come back ;) (yes, he was joking) Not sure that will happen anytime soon, but I may be connected to the missions with assessment teams...so who knows! Spending time with Curtis and Carlanna was great too, especially since they were headed out that day for new adventures in Winnipeg! (Thanks for the use of your car, that was so sweet) Hearing Dave Grobe and the band was wonderful and the fact that Dom and I surprised Blayne and Janell with our song was a sweet moment as well! I also have to give a special mention to Naomi and her fun dancing skills! I had a great workout! Though who knew that the two-step was beyond my mental capabilities! :P
Anyhow, the whole day was very special, so thank you Blayne and Janell for allowing us to be a part of it! :) We love you both!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home