Sunday, October 24, 2010

DC!

This past weekend I went to DC with a few other co-hort members. They had set up an interview with IJM for a paper we were doing, so I decided to tag along and see some of the sights of the Capital.

On the way down we found out we had taken Emily's bag along with all of our stuff. This was devastating since we have a huge paper due next week! Plus it had her camera in it and she was seeing old friends. How horrible! We decided to come back early in order for her to get her work done.

Friday was a fantastic day! Melissa (our hostess) took us out early to take in a tour! We went into the same rooms congress did as they formed the laws that now govern the US...we also found out some odd things - like the dome above the congress caused sound to bounce off randomly - so people across the room could hear whispers (no secrets allowed!). We also went into a hall of pillars called the crypt where I think Washington was supposed to be buried, but he died before it was completed. So now there's an empty tomb underneath it! Freaky...





After the tour we went to visit Bread for the World - where Melissa used to work. We had a little interview over lunch and then headed off to IJM. We had a great interview and gained a lot of knowledge! It's amazing what was packed into an hour...Heather took 8 pages of notes! I just have to mention my "perma-wink". My contacts were causing me issue so I constantly closed my right eye to stop the pain (yah, taking it out hadn't worked and I couldn't see without them, so I was sort of hooped)...it looked like I had a wink going on all the time! I'm thankful I could control it during the interviews....that might have been a bad impression!

After that we enjoyed the evening by not thinking of the ECON paper we had to finish, instead we ordered thai food and watched a movie. Diane, Laura and I left to get the food, on our way home took a wrong turn onto an interstate highway. We couldn't find a workable exit to loop us around - they all kept connecting with other interstate highways! We called Heather to see if she could help us and just as we did we saw a sign saying Bay Bridge ahead...Diane took the first exit she saw, not wanting to go over a bridge! Amazingly it took us onto the road we needed...how about that!

So what movie should you watch after such a long day? Last of the Mohicans! Classic! Stay....Alive! Words of wisdom from Daniel...

Anyways...that was our crazy weekend in DC :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home