Contentment is the Soul's Worship
This week in Church we had a couple good quotes...
Taken from Hebrews 13:1-8, the Pastor spoke on how to truly love. That love is an action of intentional commitment that goes beyond you and your own self-interest; it is an honour to the Lord and observed by those around you in what you do. I'm sure you can get the gist of what he spoke on by reading the passage above, but I thought that he had it right when he said (for the money verses): we either use money to love people, or we use people to show our love of money (Amy's paraphrase). Next he stated that contentment is the soul's worship.
I think that relates to gratitude in a way. When we show gratitude we are content in what is given to us, whether that is in a relationship, or material possessions, or God's grace. What a beautiful thing to know we are loved by God. I think sometimes we forget, or we are distracted by other things that causes us to to turn away from Him. Only through His grace can we love and be loved since we change and our situations change...making us rather inconsistent. But He never does, and that in itself allows us to love others consistently - in Him. Thanks be to God! :)


1 Comments:
It's funny but last week I was thinking about "love" in a different way. I looked at and linked the reference to votive (free will) offerings in Lev 22 to the love reference in 1 Cor 13:13!!
I derived a lot from the thoughts given to me! ;)
Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home