Friday, October 13, 2006

Spiritual Emphasis Week

Spiritual Emphasis week just ended. The students listened to 4 different speakers talk about how to live it up with Christ. They had colour days (wearing specific coloured clothing) that coincided with the messages being presented. Monday was blue (for God), Tuesday was black (for sin), Wed. was Red (for Christ's sacrifice) Thursday was white (for new life) and Friday was all colours (for 'how to really enjoy a life of sin')...

That last message should be explained. The preacher's four points were that if you wanted to ignore everything that was spoken of and really enjoy your sin you'd have to (1) Stay away from Bible believing Christians (2) Never have a crisis (3) Never grow old & (4) never die. It was an interesting take on it. The students really opened up. I have to say that our chapels this year have been really well done. The praise band has shown itself to be solid and very talented! I looked at the students involved and was overcome that they had come so far in the time that I've known them...it's a rewarding feeling!

Again we had a culminating Bible Study at the end of the week. 51 students came out to participate in it. We had 10 teachers give their evening and open up to the students about Authority in their lives. It was a wonderful time of fellowship - I was very impressed that the students were able to keep focused for so long (we had games and speaches for a couple hours!!). But they enjoyed it!

My students were particularly exhausted because they had the Phalanx (Greek war strategy) presentation today...I was brave and had two classes battle each other on the field. I was quite impressed with their unity - especially since it had been lacking anytime they practiced it in class! I was also impressed at the knowledge the students had of phalanx...apparently they were listening! Yay for my students! They also brought in great creativity by having a bugle and war drum!! Way to raise the bar! (unfortunately my camera batteries died...so I didn't get many pictures on it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home