Sentiments
Friday night we met up with Clinton & Tara - two international teachers that we've become friends with. They took us to a Baleada place then came with us to watch Kyle play another volleyball game. It was a good time and we had a lot of fun, being silly on occasion and just enjoying each other's company...but there was more to it than that. Earlier that day I was struck at how many teachers and students I came in contact with over the day...Friday was pretty crazy about that, I helped sub for a couple people, got flipped by a teacher (yes...it's true) and basically sat back and listened to what was going on in people's lives...and this is what it all comes down to...
When Kyle was stretching down on the court he used a pulpit to lean on...honestly I have no idea why a pulpit would be beside a volleyball court...but it got me thinking. We serve our Lord and want to take every opportunity for Him...how often do we stretch our spiritual muscles, practice what we preach and come to the understanding that the 'game' requires every aspect of us...that if we don't get ready before we're needed, we'll be useless when the time comes for us to play.
My Grandfather died a year ago today. I am still in awe that my Dad considers me to be a key player in my Grandfather's spiritual decision - I don't 'feel' that I did anything, but I know that my Lord works on the heart and I don't need to worry about it, I just need to be willing - keep on with a determination to give up all to the Lord.
...Love as ever, Love as strong.


3 Comments:
Life is but a vapour - live like it matters!
Wanted to tell you sarah had her baby..Linia Rose 7lbs...Oct 7 @10:35pm ...also I Love ya lots!! Hope the Lord will give you the words to talk when he wants you to and the help you need to put your talk into practice. I know the Lord has used you alot already but I know he could always use you more if you keep giving up yourself daily to him. I've been thinking about that latley too. Love you lots hun!!
Thanks Rach, I appreciate it, love you too...and Congratulate your sister for me!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home