Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fire!

Last night after spending some time at a friend's house I drove past what looked like a housefire on Lakeshore Drive! I quickly turned around thinking maybe no one had realized (it was past midnight). Driving back I saw that it wasn't a house, but some structure at the back of a hotel parking lot...when I turned around once more I noticed another car had stopped on the road - I figured I'd ask them if they had a cell phone - I don't have one, I'm not a Torontonian yet. So I pulled up beside them (taking up two lanes of the road). That's when I realized it was Jesse! A guy from the youth group I had helped at! I hadn't seen him since coming home! So I tried to open the window on the passenger side...power windows are great when they work, but ...not...when they don't. So what does a body do when the passenger side window doesn't work? Apparently I put the vehicle in park, put down the driver's side window, sit on the window frame and talk over the vehicle! After finding out that this burning trailer (which is what it ended up being) had been called in 4 or 5 times that night, the initial concern was gone. And so we shot the breeze, asked about life...after midnight...taking up two lanes of traffic...with me hanging half-way out of a vehicle...with a burning trailer giving us light! Only in Northern Ontario!

4 Comments:

At 12:49 pm, Blogger Kevin P said...

You have an interesting life - from one event to the next... glad no one was hurt.

 
At 1:57 pm, Blogger ~Heidi 8) ~ said...

haha yes amy you too do live an interesting life lol...Oddly that doesnt' seem to much out of the ordinary lol

 
At 2:16 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

Hmm, the fact that that is normal to you scares me a bit Heidi! Either my odd behavior is rubbing off on you, or Northern Ontario is a bit off itself! ;)

 
At 3:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a hott canadian date night to me A Smithy. How does this "jesse" feel about third world spanish speaking countries........eeh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home