Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome to 2008

It has been a while since I've blogged...the time has gotten away from me! Since I've last written I've been working busily at KCS (Koinonia Christian School) and trying to stay ahead of things. Other events have taken place at the school. I took my 10-12 students to a conference in Calgary where we were given the wrong directions - even with that happening we still arrived before it started. I had my 10-11 students help with Operation Christmas Child at a local church that was shipping them out. This class is also looking after a child from Honduras.

As with all first year jobs I have focused on the work more than anything else. But the balance is coming as I get into a regular routine. Right now I am writing from Ontario. The start of the New Year finds me back in North Bay enjoying the company of family and friends that have been there for me for years.

I went dogsledding for the first time...I only crashed into a tree once! And I think I recovered from it rather nicely...at least I thought so...
I also had the opportunity to witness to a few people over the break. It was a lovely opportunity that I will treasure. The time spent with my family has been a real blessing as well. Rylan is growing in leaps and bounds, and even though he's only 6 months old, he said his first word while I was here: "Dada"! :)

I am truly sorry that it has taken me so long to write, but with the new year here, I know the Lord will escort me through with glorious care! I look forward to seeing His wonders!

5 Comments:

At 10:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a BLESSINGGG having you home too!
Funny though ... you didn't tell me about any tree crashes while you were here!!!

from Mr Anonymous, extraordinary golfer type guy! ;)

 
At 11:30 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

LOL...well...it wasn't really that bad since I maneouvred the sled properly ;)

 
At 5:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!
I'll bet those sled "manouevers" were reaaly somthin to behold too, eh!!
Your expertise is missed terribly over here, you know.

from Mr. Anonymouse, northern Ontario type guy

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger Theresa said...

:) I still check faithfully, Amy...Can I just say that I really like high school? Like a lot? How is the elem coming?
Blessings for 2008.

:) Theresa.

 
At 8:42 pm, Blogger -Amy- said...

Nice...yah, I like highschool too...hope all is well with you (especially when midterms are around)!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home