A Beginning
And I begin...
I'm writing from a very new location...the basement of a home in Red Deer Alberta. My newest challenge? To get ready to teach and live in a place where I know no one else and to do this in a way that honours the Lord!
At the beginning of the week I said goodbye to my family yet again at the Toronto airport. This time to go west. I didn't go to my new home however, I went to Edmonton to attend a professional development conference for my study area...which was changing all of its curriculum! I arrived in Edmonton, Alberta and checked into a hotel late at night. I didn't realize my new school had paid for a suite! My room had a little kitchenette, a living room and french doors leading to a bedroom. It was very nice!
I live with the Alexanders. I have a wonderful basement area complete with a living room (exercise equipment included), a LARGE flat tv, a big bedroom and a bathroom that has a sauna!! I'm only staying here until I find my own apartment, but the Lord has been good!
Here is Ian and Christinne Alexander with their youngest daughter, McKinley.
The Alexander's have two other children, from left to right, their son Jackson, their daughter Madison and on the far right is a friend of the family - Frederick. Yes, all three Alexander children are named after ex-presidents of the US. (they didn't mean to do it until McKinley!)


3 Comments:
Ah yes, new beginnings! They are wonderful when the Lord is involved. It's nice to see the Alexanders and I'm hoping you'll get Mr. Rand onto the blog somehow too.
Love you,
Anonymous northern [who is actually further south than you are right now] type guy! ;)
Hey So.... are we going to get an explaintion of the Hiking pics sometime. Maybe I will have to call
Hey, so i finally put up pictures of my apartment, now i'll be waiting for yours!
Post a Comment
<< Home