Retreats!
I'm having trouble putting up pictures so I'll just post...A lot has been happening lately and I've been pretty slack at putting up all the events! So, to be fair, I did say I would write about the Teacher's Retreat - I'll do that first. It was a great time, it rained and was cold out (which is very odd for this time of year). This was a blessing in disguise because by that time we were all worn out and wanted to just relax. We would have gone to Pulhaphanzak (the waterfall) if it was sunny and been even more drained in the end (of course having fun)...but just getting to hang out and have great fellowship all day was a good plan B! We had a couple good speakers and some fun memories...like the "Rules" video that a bunch of the teachers put together (showing off what NOT to do)...I think my favorite was the Osberg's picking fruit off the trees...ha...another highlight was Heidi climbing the rafters to get a balloon then being swatted by Henry! :) Good times!
We just finished the Student Retreat - which was good I'm told! I was happy to get through it without any major problems, though I felt a bit unorganized at times, apparently no one noticed - that's always nice. Kevin did a great job opening the Word for the students and causing them to see their need of the Lord. We had a great fellowship time Saturday night where many students gave testimony of what had been happening in their lives. It was very touching and made many tender moments that I wouldn't give up for the world! It's not often that we see anything from the seeds that are planted day after day...and sometimes the pain of indifference causes us to harden our outlook when it comes to hoping for the best...however, I'm happy to relate to you that two boys gave their lives to Christ that night! Jonathan Franck and Rodrigo Figueroa are now in the family! :) What a wonderful blessing to be there, and see life in Christ begin!
Now we have begun Spiritual Emphasis Week...a time where the students who didn't go to the retreat can also have an opportunity to grow...Please pray for Kevin and Andy as they speak to the Highschool and Elementary - already we've had sickness and hardened hearts to deal with - interesting how problems like that crop up after a victory...pray that we stay focused and centered on the Lord and His leading - in all things.


1 Comments:
You didn't say anything about how good looking that blue team was at the student retreat. Where are the pictures!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home