Christmas at Home
Coming home always makes me appreciate the passing of time...for some reason I think that everything stops when I'm not there (how egocentric I know)...and when I return and find things changed it always shocks me. Many of the youth I worked with are married, friends my age are having children, some of them are fighting larger battles such as terminal illness and job stability - when did we get to this stage? I'm glad the Lord gives us strength for each change we face...as long as we remember He's got it covered!
So here's a small summary of my trip home (seeing as I've been lax on blogs while here). Heidi and I arrived in Toronto the earliest in our history of flying...and left the latest. I love random baggage inspections at midnight, they are glorious! Kevin came to pick us up and 'enjoyed' visiting with strange Canadians in the airport...poor guy. We had a good visit the next day with Kevin and I met Carl, who has impressive fix-it capabilities! Heidi and I then went North...to no snow. I've gone through fall, winter (1 day of snow) and spring while I've been here.
My Christmas was beautiful. I love my family. Though I am far away most of the year, the times I spend at home are very special to me. I was able to spend a lot of time with my brother and his family...Emma & Logan are growing by leaps and bounds. We went even further north to meet with my Grandparents. My Grandmother has the sweetest and gentlest spirit I've ever known, I hope to be more like her...
In the past week I've also had a lot of time to visit with friends! What better way to gather together than at a wedding! Simeon and Trista Kinsey got married Dec. 29th. Simeon is one of the youth I've worked with in the past. He prides himself on his uniqueness, and Trista is of the same mind, so their wedding was an extension of their character! Their wedding also allowed me to get caught up with other friends who I haven't seen in years! Nathan for one, it was great to see him!
Ok...so this is a shout out to everyone I saw at home...well...some anyways!
Of course I've had great times at Dave & Kristy's, who open their home every time I come home! Meeting with Rach (you make my day and are a great blessing to me), the rest of the Brooks's (who I haven't seen for a very long time, but am looking forward to Rich's wedding!), seeing Tracy again, and Kat (the picture is coming! and did I mention I love your apartment?). ;) Hilsy, Jake, Nathan, Jason & Hillary Fiss, Matt & Emma Dorie (I'll never be able to look at pizza the same way), Huey :) (that name has lasted years!), Megan, Jonathan & Kristen (congratulations!), Jonathan & Maria (congratulations!), Jolene & Juliann, Kelly & Andrea, Greg & Wendy (there was too little time...) Joy (it was great catching up!), Shawn & Sarah, Randy & Pat (I miss the piano...you're a blessing), Mathieu (I enjoyed the burgers!), Matt & Katie, Graham & Amber and all of my family at Bethel, I miss you! Wow...it's been busy!
I love the roots I have! They are deep and full of God's goodness! Thanks for keeping me focused on what matters!
Pictures to come...


4 Comments:
Ahem!!
from:
Anonymous northern [not missing the snow in the least!] type guy
I said I love my family! That most definitely includes my parents, you two are very special to me :)
Thanks for the compliment. I hope you guys have a great trip back down! May GOd bless you richly in this new year!
I couldn't have said it better amy...I love my roots...and it just becomes more and more aparent every time I come home...even with all our craziness lol!
Post a Comment
<< Home